Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Venturing out of the comfort zone

The person who has been tending our school's domain (not the district site) decided it was time to hand it off. They asked me if I was interested, "yes, but I'd like to edit it from blogger". Since I already know this can be done (but I'm clueless on the how) and I'm involved with blogs of my own, it made perfect sense to me. Not so for the other party. He's involved in his own tech business. He does free lance work that encompasses writing programs, doing graphics and animation. I made the assumption he'd know exactly what I was talking about. I forget there are all these pockets of expertise, when it comes to the web and computers (probably pockets within those pockets).
Once I find my way, I have a plan. I want to encourage and guide each of the teachers to set-up their own classroom blog and have them all linked up together. I didn't know if it would be okay with the district until I talked to another salemite who said their child's school has already entered the blogosphere. I'm excited and worried (giddy?) all at the same time.

No comments: