Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waiting for my shot


Every autumn for the past . . . . hmmm . . . . probably 10 years I've gone to the doctor to get my flu shot.  They suggest you wait until late October to get inoculated to make it last throughout the flu season.  This year waiting may not have been the right strategy. The clinic I go to isn't sure when they'll receive more serum. 

Working with the wee folk exposes me to all kinds of bugs everyday.  L and I stress good hygiene and train them to sneeze and cough into their elbows, but when you're 5-6 that only goes so far.  On top of that I try and disinfect the room and pencils twice a day--which helps, but there's a lot of exposure happening in between.  

My main concern isn't a fear of getting sick, but not getting Fran sick.  She doesn't need that on top of everything else.

No comments: