Thursday, September 1, 2016

Waves of Sadness

After spending several days with 3 of my 4 siblings, I tweeted:

"How is it possible to be with people you love and love being w, only to be broadsided by overwhelming waves of sadness during visit?"

And an insightful friend responded:

"I think the sad with the happy is an important life balance.  We're always going to morn what was missed, lost or changed."

And waves of sadness is what it felt like--being knocked down unexpectedly, water threatening to cascade down my face, the air knocked out of me. I tried turning towards the scenery the first time, but my oldest sister couldn't help but comment. Then I had to expose my wet, blotchy face to them all.

On the ride home, my phone alerted me to a text from my older sister. She wanted to be sure no one had said anything hurtful to me. And all I could do was type: "Yeah, what the hell was that?" and share the tweets up above.

I used to regurgitate and analyze until any possible meaning was long gone, but when I read Jodi's response it made complete sense. Who knew there was such a thing as Twerapy?

No comments: