Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Focusing on Dental Health

I might have been making a joke when I mentioned focusing on my 'dental' health a few weeks back, but I have been working on improving the daily care I give my teeth. The main reason, has to do with the consequences of what I once proudly described as "streamlining" my time in the bathroom. Streamlining is just a fancy word for "cutting corners", but that's my opinion.

Since experiencing some health issues, a couple of years back, that caused 50+ pounds to vanish from my body, I decided to become a better caretaker of these biological systems I was born with. Once in awhile, usually in the shower, I imagine that I'm like a farmer tending the crops and rows or a super whose job is to tend an entire building. Because--isn't that we're doing when we groom ourselves?

We all have our own unique microbiome. Microbiomes that have been enhanced by every environment we've ever lived in, as well as all of the folks we've shared our lives with. In my smallish brain, I see our roles as essential to protecting our 'crops'. And so, I began to make sure I use a pick of some type at least once a day, rinse with Plax before brushing, brush my tongue and massage my gums.

How does your "garden" grow?

No comments: