Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Hairy Experiment

I think I'm done. Yeah, I'm fairly certain--despite my squiffy iffy words. Nothing definite, just a feeling or perhaps more of a desire to return to less fuss hair. Well, that and the reduced field of vision--something I don't remember anyone ever talking about--unless my brain discarded what it considered to be unnecessary information. And this fetlock of hair in the bang region . . . good golly, I can't believe I haven't sawed it off in frustration. I mean, it can be cute, in a "hurry take a picture, so I can put my barrett back in", kind of way.

But don't misunderstand me--it's been fun, I've learned more than I thought I needed to know about curls and waves, as well as the products. I wonder if I've learned enough to keep my current wash cycle of every two to three days? Or will I succumb to the old daily shampoo schedule? And will I keep wearing my bed beanie? Probably. I've come to appreciate less hair on the pillow and not looking like Kramer when I pop out of bed. Though, that was always a good morning laugh. In fact, the memory of some bedheads has made me chuckle as I type.

"Huh, maybe I ought to make that appointment with Karyn-who-cuts-the-hair . . . but there's no rush", mused the hairy procrastinator.

No comments: