Monday, September 28, 2020

Oopsie Pumpkin

 Today was our Costco day--according to the fridge, that is. Off we toddled, into the car and down the road-- after lunch, the way N prefers and I'm happy to oblige. I actually had a short list today--that was well padded during our travels through the store (of course). And, thankfully, we remembered--it's pumpkin pie for breakfast month! 

We were happy to see one of our favorite Costco employees at the checkout counter. (Hi, John! Bye, John!) And out the door we went. THEN, we began to notice a car that was hanging back on our heels. My first thought or two, was that the driver was anticipating us crossing the car path in front of them. But when we crossed, she was still there. 

I turned to make eye contact, she gestured towards our cart, I looked, saw nothing and then finally I went over to her passenger window. She gestured to our cart again . . . and FINALLY we saw the pumpkin pie escaping it's aluminum pan.

Fortunately, the majority of the pie slid into the plastic clam shell and not the ground or cart. It may not be pretty or easy to portion, but I reckon that pie will be just as tasty. And an attached memory that will make us laugh with each slice.

Happy Pumpkin Pie for Breakfast Season! 

Love, K


No comments: