Saturday, October 10, 2020

Old Lady Problems

Over the past ten years, about every 6 months or so, my urethra gets irritated or inflamed. I blame it on menopause, but perhaps it's my flora getting out of balance. Sitz baths have been about the only thing that seem to work--or maybe it's just a matter of time until it clears up and the Sitz baths keep me entertained and temporarily soothed.

This Spring, our Fran, brought us some elderberry syrup from the farm she works on. I started taking a daily dose, until I forgot and the bottle was pushed to the back of the fridge. Then October arrived, and that twinge returned, and then a lightbulb went on over my head--maybe the elderberry syrup has some of the same properties as cranberry. And after a search online--I learn that it's true.

I wasn't prepared for such an immediate response and relief, but there it was. Once I ran out, I went to see what's available at my favorite supplement online shop, iHerb. Who knows why, but I chose Natures Way to try first. The results didn't give the same relief--it only lessened, not eliminated. I see they have another brand, Honey Gardens, that's calling to me. I'll let you know how that one pans out. 

Love, K

Update 11/04: The second brand, Gaia, seems better. I can tell when I take it, even if it doesn't give immediate relief.

Update 11/28: The most help of all comes from Fem-Dophilus®, from Jarrow. Thank you, cousin Clarissa.

Update 04/24: Nearly everything I tried helped ... to a certain extent. Then about three months ago, I began to think about any changes in my daily routine or the products I use. There's a brand and scent of Everybodys Soap, that I enjoy and then the scent was discontinued. I happened across a reseller on Amazon--and now I'm wondering if the reseller cut the product with a lower grade of soap, that caused my issue. <shrug> I'll never know for sure, but once I switched the problem disappeared completely.

No comments: