Saturday, January 16, 2021

Treading the Mill?

 At least, eight years ago, I began using a tablet on the treadmill, to stream entertainment to keep me returning to take a good walk. Filed under--know thyself. Years before that, I used to listen to audiobooks while walking. Another good enticement to return, because (for me) that's what it's all about--creating a draw. Otherwise, because I know myself, I'll slowly quit/avoid/procrastinate. And then the self hate and guilt begins.You know what I mean ... I hope. 

But the *funny thing about the newer refurbished tablet--it has crappy sound. "You get what you pay for", was playing in my head, as I shopped for earbuds. Which made me wish my "bluetooth" hearing aides had been manufactured by a company (hoping Resound improves), that made an app for ALL of the phones and kept it up to date--not just the Apple app. Live and learn or live with it, because those brands very often do not stand behind their products beyond a year. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad I have hearing aids and that my current insurance covers new ones every four years, but I'm eager for more innovation. I've read about some promising news about people creating better hearing aids. Hoping those innovations become mainstream SOON. I might be impatient. <shrug>   Love, K


No comments: