Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Good Day in Kinderland

Two great groups of kiddos! :>)
Of course the PM class will change, but I think it will still be a great year. LB was talking to them about raccoons and one little guy said that they sleep at night, when a hand in the back shot up at the same time as the owner blurted out, "they call that noctural, teacher!"
I love those moments. They give me hope that the kids will be doing some deep thinking when we do science this school year. There have been years when I feel like I'm going through the motions, but at least we're getting in some listening and writing practice.
Fran's phone was supposed to be delivered today, but no one was home. I left the house at 5 PM to pick the phone up at the Fed-Ex building, but had misread their door hanger. The package would be available for pick-up from 4:30 - 5 PM NOT 5:30 PM. The old brain picks some interesting times to play tricks on me. I went ahead and took the opportunity to pick up the ingredients to make the pasta dish with bleu cheese, tomatoes and spinach. Very tasty, indeed!

No comments: