Saturday, November 1, 2008

Autumnal Ecstasy

“Winter is an etching,
spring a watercolor,
summer an oil painting
and autumn a mosaic of them all.”
~Stanley Horowitz

A couple of times this week I've been concerned about the level of attention I'm giving my driving. My eyes keep getting drawn up above the road to those dark greenish brown branches with their stark contrast to the golden leaves in the soft light filtering through the foggy morning.
And then there are those leaves that look like gorgeous sunsets . . . sigh.

Still one of my favorites:

Only Memory

So very often
Especially in Autumn
Mother Nature
Takes hold of all my senses
And puts them in Awe
And then my hand
Begins to ache
So much pure beauty
Around me
And I, minus the talent
To capture the color
On Canvas forever
So instead
I admire Mother Nature's work
for hours
Only to feel I've missed it all
When the season ends -
Because of my extreme
lack of proof
KGM

No comments: