Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Filth

I discovered that OnDemand lets me watch Masterpiece Theatre or Mystery within the same week it was originally broadcast. Something for me! :>)
The title was "Filth". It was the dramatization of the life of Mary Whitehouse. An art teacher who pushed and organized to change what the BBC was broadcasting into people's house at tea time. At least that's how it began. The chairman of the BBC refused to see or talk to her and she began to gain a bigger base and feel a greater responsibility because of that. If he'd met with her and made a few changes right in the beginning, things may have turned out much different.
Afterward, we watched the last half hour of Boston Legal - enough to get my weekly dose of their scathing political commentary. I love that show.

No comments: