Friday, January 30, 2009

Fresh Air and Exercise

I'm sure it's good for our mental health - using the muscles, breathing the outside air deep into our lungs. I feel sorry for people who don't have or don't take the chance to get out and move everyday. Yay for walking dogs!
I was responsible for a co-worker getting berated by another co-worker today. I felt so bad. I had no idea the other co-worker would get so upset over something the rest of us yukked it up over. (sigh) The berated said the moral of the day was to shut-up and while I agreed that I should've kept quiet, I thought the moral should be to never recycle your magazines at school.

I heard on the radio the legislation being proposed in both the Oregon and Washington capitols. As much as I dislike any innocent bystanders being exposed to cigarette smoke, I don't agree with making it illegal to smoke in a car with a child under 16 present. Yes, it's a terrible thing, but once we begin, where do we stop? A co-worker during lunch suggested we wouldn't stop until we passed a law preventing smokers from bearing children.

Now . . . what to do for dinner. I know what I'd like to do - go out to McMenamin's for a burger and a brew with my honey. Friday and payday would probably make that a tough option.

No comments: