Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Looking back

There was talk last night about looking through the eyes of someone new to the Salem area.

One of my first Salem memories (we moved in on October 30, 1991) was opening the door to a group of trick or treaters and having one of them remark, "You're not Mrs. Smith!".
"No, I'm not. I'm sorry." The candy wasn't enough??

My other memory is warmer and fuzzier. Our realtor was new to her trade and we ran into a hitch with the purchase of our house. I'm sure, like us, she was both relieved to be done with our sale and yet sad not be spending everyday in each other's company (I hope).
The morning the door to our newly purchased house was unlocked and our boxes began to be wheeled into the house, she brought us McBreakfast and a fig tree.
I wonder if Mary Friday is still selling houses?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute stories. Ahh, to be new. I certainly enjoy it.

Rebekah said...

I love discovering a new place and all it has to offer. Hmmm...I guess I might have to move away. Nah! I'll just read Emily's blog. :)

KandN said...

It is like a gift - being able to re-experience the newness of a place through someone else's eyes.
Maybe that's it - not so much about blogging, but all about sharing.