Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blood Date

I was at a total loss as to where to go for our blood date last night. Well, not total, I did suggest India Palace, but N said that the last time he went he was disappointed and wasn't ready to go back just yet. I get that (I've been there), but along with discovering we had showed up on the wrong day at the Red Cross (where they took it in stride and had us in and out in record time) and having my plan nixed, I was having a tough time coming up with another idea.

As we sat in the car and chatted, hoping an idea would surface, I decided I should take N to La Margarita Express. To find out if indeed they do have a second menu for their Salvadoran fare AND to introduce N to his first pupusa.
After parking, we walked by Willamette Noodle Co.. Boy was that place hopping! I was so close to changing my mind! I would have, if I had remembered they were featuring live music in their outdoor dining area.
We walked in the door, where they greeted and sat us at a booth. After checking out the menu and discovering they had an entire page devoted to Salvadoran fare we both ordered one of the dishes.
While my dinner was good, I'm not sure if I'd choose it again. Which might just be me missing a dish with more seasoning. Plus the mood I'm in can be a big part of how my meal goes over.
And I have to admit, I'm still trying to figure out how I entered the wrong day for our blood date . . .

From LME

1 comment:

whack patti said...

May I please have your recipe for the cole slaw with the vinegar based dressing? I saw that you mentioned it in a comment on pie-o-my's blog. pattiwhack@msn.com