Wednesday, July 1, 2009

List made - lacking motivation

During the school year, my alarm is set for 5:30 AM. N says he's amazed that as soon as I hear it (even with ear plugs), I hop out of bed. I don't think about it. It just happens--during the school season. Over the years, I've discovered it doesn't work the same way in the summer.

I used to start my days off with the morning alarm, but realized I was just torturing N and lying to myself. Since I've found peace with myself over that issue, my goal is to find the secret to getting myself motivated everyday to get out and do something. {shaking magic 8 ball}

When Jonathon was here it was easier. He's good company and loves to go run errands. "What needs to be done today?", he'd say while pouring his second cup of coffee of the morning. This week I'm missing his company and trying to justify my lack of initiative as a by product of Fran's appointments peppered throughout the week. Sounds good in casual conversation, but in reality? Not so much.

And so in writing this I'm hoping to shame myself into grasping the arms of the computer chair, shoving myself up, out, put purse on shoulder, tucking list into pocket, hopping into the car and heading toward town.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll be expecting a full report!

D in the K