Friday, September 25, 2009

Computer, library, buddies, oh my!

Our teacher, L, likes to call this day of the week "Fun Friday".  It's a total change of schedule from the other 4 days;  no projects, rarely a recess and not much time in the classroom.  Also, it's her chance to have a wee bit of planning time--a sore point with her.  I believe teachers in first through fifth receive either a half hour or an hour of planning time everyday.  Kindergarten is a whole different world from the rest of the school, which is one of the reasons why we were chosen to be in the portable. 
The morning class did a super job of listening and following directions during the Kid Pix exploration I led them through.  I love the new set-up of Kim and I working with them together.  She leads her class while I help and then we switch places with my class.  Our new librarian has taken on the responsibility of reading and check-out with the wee folk, instead of Kim and I.  Partly it's a relief, but we are sad about not having the weekly reading time.  Between the two of us, we've collected around 75+ favorite books the past 6 years. 
Today was a busy day, but a nice way to end the week.  Of course, the sunshine doesn't hurt.  :>)

No comments: