Monday, October 26, 2009

S t r e t c h i n g a pot of turkey chili


Over the past several years, Fran has melded about 3 chili recipes into one.  She's taken all of what she considers to be the best parts of each one to make her own.  Unfortunately, since I can't copy and paste what she holds in her brain cells, I can't share her recipe.  But I can say it includes two kinds of chili powder and a bottle of beer.

N and I were the lucky recipients of a dutch oven full of her chili last week.  We enjoyed the chili with roasted, red potatoes the first night, the second night she made us chili mac and cheese (which fed us an additional night as well).  And on Sunday night we used the last portion to make chili dogs.  Mmmm, chili dogs! 


I wouldn't mind having more meals stretch like that.
If you enjoy food videos, here are a few from Cook's Illustrated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm... It took me a week to finish the last pot.

KandN said...

Thank goodness!! I'd worry if it only took you 3 meals to eat all that! :>)