Saturday, January 9, 2010

Let's hear it for the eyes


N and I have gone to the independent optometrist at Costco for over a decade. It's hard to beat the cost of their glasses and lens options (especially since I like to get Progessive and Varilux lenses). Plus it's convenient to take care of everything in one place. We've always been pleased with our glasses and our exams.

Who knows why, but I got a bee in my bonnet last month and decided to give another optometrist in town a try. The idea of having someone else do the insurance billing was appealing to me.

I remembered one of our school families mentioning a place they were pleased with in the south end of town.  So I made an appointment.  The experience was all good--everyone was friendly and helpful, but holy smokes!  The mark-up on the glasses is incredible!  It's going to be difficult to justify returning in 2 years. 

No comments: