Friday, February 26, 2010

As It Is In Heaven

I'm not a big fan of the Olympics.  I can watch a little here and a bit there, depending on the sport or event.  So last night, I found I couldn't focus on blogging and ended up on Netflix, streaming a movie to the laptop.  Finding a good "play it now" movie can be hit and miss when you follow their recommendations (just for you!), but it's usually a better risk than just searching for a particular genre. 

I AM a fan of foreign movies.  When the 2004, Swedish film, As It Is In Heaven, showed up on my list of suggestions, I didn't hesitate giving it a try.  I'm glad I did.  The film pulled me in and held me throughout.  It's a story of a man whose start in life is a rough one, but he ends up becoming a famous European conductor--until his health makes it necessary that he live a more quiet life.  The bulk of the movie is about how he returns to the village he lived in as a child and finds a new outlet for his musical talents.

No comments: