Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sticking to the plan, Stan

We did it.  We managed to sleep in and still get out of the house in a timely manner.  Not early enough to avoid the Saturday madness at Costco, but early enough to satisfy the recently revealed desire of N to get outside errands done or begun before 2 PM. 

Today I began to wonder what the average blood pressure of the adults at Costco were.  One couple pulled their cart over to the side while the wife confided to the husband how overwhelmed she was feeling.  Warehouse stores are overwhelming all by themselves.  Add people (jockeying for position or not paying attention at all) and the recipe for stress is complete.  The children don't seem to be affected (thank goodness).  I heard one little girl happily making "chugga chugga choo choo" sound effects for her mother's cart and a little boy giving his dad a math quiz, "Dad? What's 2 plus 2 plus 2 plus 2 plus . . . ?"  I never did hear the end of that equation.  Sadly, I don't think dad did either. 

We finally decided it was time to donate Zuzu the cat's food to the Humane Society.  This past year or more, she had a hard time adjusting to the constant changes of her home.  She'd always had a sensitive stomach, so I think this last worming medication is what finally did her in.  (I'm guessing.)  She escaped the house right after I gave her the last dose and never returned.  I didn't realize the Humane Society also takes opened packages of dry food.  Another trip is in our future.

Errands done--that should be the caption of the photo above.  I hope the weather man is right.  I'd like to take Hope and Izzy to the dog park tomorrow.  :>)

No comments: