Friday, January 28, 2011

A bit of randomness

Do you enjoy tipping a glass of stout?
Then you really should treat yourself and a friend to a tall bottle of Deschutes' Abyss.  Probably the best stout I've ever had.  My favorite stouts sport rich, full flavors of chocolate and coffee.  This one does it best.
I have a brisket waiting for the weekend in our refrigerator.  I'm thinking of putting it in the slow cooker with garlic, onion and stout.  On one hand I hate to buy stout I won't be able to drink, but this seems like a worthy cause.

Right after the holidays, I splurged and bought N and I a Logitech Squeezebox Radio.  It replaced our old trusty clock radio.  I love the sound of the Squeezebox.  I love streaming stations and podcasts from our network. And finally, I love being able to set-up the radio (alarms included) online.  BUT we're learning the alarms can suffer 20% of the time from (perhaps) software bugs.  Not a good thing when you depend on an alarm to wake you every morning.  I've noticed on the forums that this isn't a new or unusual problem, but it also sounds like many of the users have supplemented with an alarm clock.  {sigh}  That is NOT a solution, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to heading to the wine, food and beer fest at the fairgrounds on Saturday.  We'll probably go in the late afternoon.  That's how we roll.

No comments: