Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Shoes

For better or worse, I've set a record for myself in the shoe ownership department. It's probably a bit pathetic how similar they are. Once I find something I like, I tend to go overboard. Overboard from my perspective, that is.

Brooks Switch 3 Running Shoes (For Women)Somewhere during this tendon/muscle issue it dawned on me how long it had been since I'd bought new athletic shoes. Aha! Maybe the cushioning and support that my feet need is no longer as good in my current shoes. So off I went to my first stop online shopping spot--Sierratradingpost.com

I bought my first pair of Brooks shoes after talking to an active nephew. Prior to our conversation, I was a New Balance believer, but the last time I set out to buy a pair I couldn't find any that made my feet happy.  My first pair of Brooks convinced me to switch teams and after my second pair I'm a big fan.

My feet have confirmed my guess that it was time for new. Oh what a difference.

I will admit that neither the Kinesio taping nor the new shoes have cured the feet, but they have eased the pain.  Particularly the end of day pain. Only time will heal (heel?) me.
Have I mentioned how much I miss my daily walk.  (sigh)

No comments: