Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Operator, information . . .

Not sure if I should feel comforted or slightly freaked out. In the wee, dark hours of the night, I thought I heard a phone ring. I lay in bed and waited for another ring or for Fran to come into the bedroom and tell me someone was on the phone. Of course, my first thought was concern that maybe something had happened to my dad. And it's during this recounting that I realize I must've been asleep. Why else would I have stayed in bed and not checked my phone?

When I woke up in the morning, the feeling someone needed me or needed to get in touch with me was still strong. I emailed my sisters after checking for messages and missed calls. They both told me all was fine, but my oldest sister reminded me that last night was the anniversary of when my Mom has passed away in her sleep.

No comments: