1 Pkg of 5 Aidells Pineapple and Bacon Chicken Sausage, sliced into 1/4" coins
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 Small onion, sliced thin
1 cup of white wine or dry vermouth
2 cups of chicken broth
4-6 cloves of garlic, diced
3 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1-1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound of penne rigate, cooked
1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan Cheese
splash of heavy cream
1) Heat large skillet to medium. Add tsp olive oil and sliced onion. Cook and stir until lightly browned and transparent.
2) Add sliced sausage and tsp of olive oil. Stir until sausage is lightly browned.
3) Add white wine or vermouth. Turn heat up to medium high, stir constantly until reduced by at least half.
4) Add chicken broth, garlic, sage, red pepper flakes and pumpkin puree.
5) Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
6) While sauce simmers, cook penne pasta.
7) Salt and pepper sauce to taste, add parmesan, splash of heavy cream and drained pasta.