Friday, May 15, 2020

So Much Counting

First let me say this--doesn't everyone do this to some extent?

Every single day, I'm counting. Whether it's while I'm brushing my teeth, washing my face, drying myself off after a shower, or even vacuuming, you can be sure I'm counting. I don't see it as a compulsion or a syndrome. I see it as a habit and a way of keeping track. 

Though, I do have some concerns. I can still remember when the girls were small and enjoyed watching Nickelodeon. There was a show with an emcee named Mark Summers, who we later learned suffered from OCD. You know, one of those moments when you learn about something, due to what concerns people you consider to be within your circle.

And that's the moment I became aware of counting. I'll stay aware, as long as you promise to let me know I've fallen and need to seek help before I get back up, but for now I'll justify my counting as a way of staying on top of my health. 

No comments: