Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Does That Look Like a Wall to You?

Over the past couple of weeks, I've heard folks speak of the world hitting the six month wall of this pandemic. To me, that wall felt like someone had repeatedly dumped some gravel on this road we're traveling on, but I assumed it was due to the different, extra layers that have been dumped on us. 

There are states that have been dealing with devastating weather events, major fires and the smoke that goes with it, large virus outbreaks, events being planned that put towns, churches, families at risk, etc. Layer after layer--but not in a celebratory cake, more like straining the camel's back. And, every single part of the added layers, bring more concern and worry.

So today, when some suggestions turned into promises, we took a drive to Amity. I don't know what it is about a drive in the country, but those massive, gorgeous clouds, accenting the sky and the autumn light on the fields and orchards-- restore me. Whether we admit it or not, we are part of nature. We depend on it, and it depends on us. I hope we're up to the challenge, because time's running out.

Love, K

No comments: