Thursday, October 15, 2020

Social Thoughts and Concerns

 Hey . . . can we talk? In one of Carolyn Hax's recent columns, a reader sent in the following:

"To: Blanks: I suggest Anne Lamott's advice about life and growth: "It's an inside game." Which means we have to be our own cheerleaders, the authors of our own story in the face of loneliness, and we have to re-parent ourselves for all we never got. Looking to others serves just as an understandable, but ultimately pointless, struggle for meaning when it's really an "inside game."— Been there"

And their words resonated with me. Later, I began to ponder: how do we know what we never got? Or is it all about self awareness and seeing what needs to be tweaked and finding resources to guide us along? 

I'm guessing this is about two recent friend interactions, that left me noticing something--have I forgotten how to "be" with people? I've been trying to reassure and remind myself, that it might take some time, but I know how to do this. Hopefully. 

Love, K

No comments: