Wednesday, November 4, 2020

A Time for Reading

 Ever since March, I've become slightly more in tune with the width and breadth of my stack of books to read--noticing when the stack seemed to be disappearing at a faster speed and restocking. During the most recent decision on which novel to read next, I failed to go through all of the titles, settling on the first one that appealed. After three days of reading, I realized that I had not read the first of what I find is a two book series. 

In "normal times", I would continue on with my mistake, hoping I wouldn't miss the earlier character development. But this time around? Why the heck not? It's not like I have a completion date or an assignment due. AND entertainment is essential this year (almost typed "these days", ha!). Though, knowing myself, saying I'll do this is still a step away from doing it. <shrugs> Maybe now that I've shared, it'll be the shove I need.

Off topic: And speaking of entertainment: we found, "The Russians Are Coming", on Prime. I'd forgotten what a sweet gem that is and how young Carl Reiner was, as well as Eva St Marie. 

Love, K


No comments: