Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lazy Weekend

Shirley and I, went out for a Sassy Onion breakfast yesterday morning. How I love their tenderly scrambled eggs, the salty tang of the prosciutto, the slight sharp bite of the green onions and the carnivorous delight of biting into the bits of hearty bacon. Oh and the hashbrowns - crispy on the outside, but moist and tender on the inside. We sat and talked for about an hour and a half, before the crowd waiting became more than I could ignore from my chair. Then we went for a walk around Willamette University, slow enough to continue our visit. Few things rejuvenate me as much as time spent with Shirley.
I stopped at Costco to drop off a roll of film I've been toting around for a week. While I was there, I decided to pick-up a few more things. I'm not sure I would've if I'd known how long the lines were. (remember K, it's a holiday weekend!) At the time I didn't realize what the man behind me had said. I thought he was making small talk. Once I began my drive home, my brain put some things together and I realized I had cut into line in front of them. Oh the shame!! They probably thought I looked way too young to be hard of hearing, didn't they?
I put in some laundry and tended to Fran and then went out to mow the lawn - since N was helping Dan with their roof. Then I took my Newsweek out to the deck to read and promptly fell asleep. :>O
It's amazing - it's only 10 AM on a Sunday and we're ready to go!

No comments: