Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Purple Haze?

No, more of a nice misleading grey.
Raindrops began to hit the windshield at the end of Fran's and my busy day today. I thought, with relief, this must be the end of these hazy skies blown up from California's fires. The raindrops may have lasted 5 or 10 minutes, depending on when you considered them worth timing. The sky does look a little more blue. Not much, but I'll take it.
Late this morning, the girl asked me to wash her hair. And then wanted to know if I would take her downtown to the Wednesday Market. "Yes! Why?" "I need to get out." Yes, you do, Fran, yes you do.
I was glad she felt up to it. I remembered where I had spotted empty parking spots during our last drive through. Thankfully, one was waiting for us and we didn't even have to circle the block. Court Street, is just a block away from the street where the booths are lined up. Yay for convenience! I ended up getting a hello and hug from Delaney and Bridgette and Fran found Swiss chard, radishes and basil. We wheeled over to the Reed Opera House to one of her favorite stores, Cherry Redd. She found a tee she liked. Then we headed West on State to Cascade Bakery. She found some day old sourdough bread and I picked out some day old Marionberry scones. We drove home to put the greens in the fridge and to let the girl rest for a short while before heading back into town for her PT appointment. After an hour of her working hard for Kathy and the promise/threat of going into the pool next week, we went to BiMart to pick up a few odds and ends. On our way there, Salem Clinic called to say her pain patch prescription was ready to be picked up. Nothing like getting a bunch done in one day! After picking up the prescription we stopped at StarBucks for a treat and then dropped it off at Freddy's pharmacy. She was past ready to head home.
She's sleeping in the recliner now. I just hope I didn't put her back in hibernation for yet another day or two.

No comments: