Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Purple Haze?

No, more of a nice misleading grey.
Raindrops began to hit the windshield at the end of F's and my busy day today. I thought, with relief, this must be the end of these hazy skies blown up from California's fires. The raindrops may have lasted 5 or 10 minutes, depending on when you considered them worth timing. The sky does look a little more blue. Not much, but I'll take it.
Late this morning, the girl asked me to wash her hair. And then wanted to know if I would take her downtown to the Wednesday Market. "Yes! Why?" "I need to get out." Yes, you do, F, yes you do.
I was glad she felt up to it. I remembered where I had spotted empty parking spots during our last drive through. Thankfully, one was waiting for us and we didn't even have to circle the block. Court Street, is just a block away from the street where the booths are lined up. Yay for convenience! I ended up getting a hello and hug from Delaney and Bridgette and F found Swiss chard, radishes and basil. We wheeled over to the Reed Opera House to one of her favorite stores, Cherry Redd. She found a tee she liked. Then we headed West on State to Cascade Bakery. She found some day old sourdough bread and I picked out some day old Marionberry scones. We drove home to put the greens in the fridge and to let the girl rest for a short while before heading back into town for her PT appointment. After an hour of her working hard for Kathy and the promise/threat of going into the pool next week, we went to BiMart to pick up a few odds and ends. On our way there, Salem Clinic called to say her pain patch prescription was ready to be picked up. Nothing like getting a bunch done in one day! After picking up the prescription we stopped at StarBucks for a treat and then dropped it off at Freddy's pharmacy. She was past ready to head home.
She's sleeping in the recliner now. I just hope I didn't put her back in hibernation for yet another day or two.

No comments: