Saturday, February 7, 2009

A little indulgence

I felt bad how late we invaded Gwen and Randy's home. Then we dumped Fran, Iz and all the needed paraphernalia and made it to Sutherlin before we realized there was still something hidden in a rear compartment. So back we went.
It was around 11:30 by the time we made it to our destination - Cottage Grove. We wanted to treat ourselves to a night of just the two of us and a bottle of wine. We were disappointed and surprised that they ended their complimentary breakfast at 9 am. On a Saturday?! Oh come on! And so we motored into their downtown and stopped at the Coffee Cup Restaurant. The best part of my breakfast? The person on the other side of the booth and the service. I've had bland breakfasts before, but this one rose to the top of the list. But at least it was hot and served with a smile.
I can't wait to go to the Eat Salem night tonight. It'll be fun to meet people.
N's out painting the PVC pipe squares on the clematis trellis. I just finished vacuuming. I took my time to pick-up as much pet hair and dust as possible. I washed the couch blankets and now I'm fluffing couch pillows and arm covers. Bath towels are next on the wash list. Sorry about the detailed list, guess I'm thinking outloud and trying to figure out what to do next.

No comments: