Friday, February 13, 2009

Peaceful Warrior excerpt

Here's my favorite excerpt from the book "Peaceful Warrior", by Dan Millman. I read the book years ago. Not much else from the book stuck with me, except it was written to invite self exploration.


"I once knew a guy like you:

"I met him on a construction site in the Midwest. When the lunch whistle blew, all the workers would sit down together to eat. And every day, Sam would open his lunch pail and start to complain.

"'Son of a gun!'" he'd cry, 'not peanut butter and jelly sandwiches again. I hate peanut butter and jelly!'

"He whined about his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches day after day after day until one of the guys on the work crew finally said, 'Fer crissakes, Sam, if you hate peanut butter and jelly so much, why don't you just tell yer ol' lady to make you something different?'

"'What do you mean, my ol' lady?' Sam replied. 'I'm not married. I make my own sandwiches.'" --
[Quote Source: Millman, Dan. Way of the Peaceful Warrior; 20th Anniversary Edition. P. 28]

No comments: