Sunday, June 21, 2009

Learning new (to me) vocabulary

I enjoy listening to Splendid Table's Lynne Rosetto Kasper on the radio on Sunday evenings. I know - she's been parodied on Saturday Night Live, but I love to hear the ease with which she discusses food. How many people do you know who can receive a phone call about what to do with a certain ingredient and come up with something captivating to the listener? {true, it doesn't take much for me!} I don't even know if what she suggests would taste good, I just love listening to the passion in her voice when she talks about food.
So when I heard her talk about a new monthly competition on their program called, "Gastrosexual of the Month", my ears perked up. I loved the way this month's winner (from Ridgefield, WA!) described what makes him a gastrosexual. I wonder how his dating life will go after this attention? Unless his dates don't listen to NPR.

No comments: