Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thinking about Caprese Salad

Jonathon and I took Izzy out for a walk on the neighborhood nature trail right before lunch. It was good to spot other folks along the way. Izzy enjoyed all the smells while Jon and I pondered over the paved road mystery (where does it begin and end? this can't be all of it.) and the occasional unexplained domesticated plant growing under the firs.
Now he's gone golfing and I'm thinking about starting a Caprese Salad to go with the steaks we bought yesterday.
I'd like to grab my book and some iced tea and head out to the deck, but I think I'd have to put a jacket on to stay comfortable. Come on, sun!
And speaking of salads, what's your summer favorite?

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Cole slaw! I love to try different types of sauces and additions. I like it with cabbage, green onions, and carrots, in a honey-mayo-apple cider vinegar sauce.

KandN said...

Mmm, I've never heard of using honey in coleslaw. Sounds good!