Friday, August 28, 2009

More Hope: Day 2 - a little bit better

From Drop Box
Hope ended up having two good walks on Thursday.  The first due to me being worried about leaving her alone for the first time while N and I went to our first counseling appointment (we decided it's time to ask for help dealing with the extra stress) and the second because Lise wanted to share the new-to-her trail near her apartment.  Hope is such a good companion on walks!  Unlike Izzy, she stays mostly at my side and doesn't tug or pull at all.  No offense Izzy, but this is a bit easier on my arms and shoulders. 

We have noticed that Hope is itching--a lot.  She's mainly scratching her belly area.  I'm trying to stay on top of it by applying balm to all of her dry and red areas.  I don't know if it's nerves or the dry skin Schnauzers sometimes suffer from, that's caused by either flea bites or an allergy to something in their diet.  I should take her to the vet anyway.  Guess I'll give them a call on Friday.

No comments: