Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oh what a relief it is!

As I drove around running errands yesterday (except for my downtown errands where there wasn't a parking place to be had near Cascade Baking Co), I couldn't help but notice that there were fewer grumpy people out and about--me included. It reminded me of a sunny day in the Willamette Valley after a week of rain.
We have a two tower fans and 3 window fans we use when it gets above 80. We employ the open-the-house-as-soon-as-the-outside-temp-is-within-4-degrees-of-the-inside process. Then we crank up the fans until 9 AM or so and then close everything up. I just can't wrap my head around buying even a small portable air conditioner for 3-5 times a year. I may change my mind when I get older, who knows.
I'm not up on a soapbox about this. Our fan/window process works for us 98% of the time. I think I can live with the 2%.

1 comment:

The Mulligan Family said...

When we replaced our furnace several years ago, we got one that an A/C could easily be added to. About 6 years ago we added the A/C. I know we don't need to use it often, but when we do - I sure am grateful that we have it.

To answer your question about the picture of Bush Park - I got the photo from cityofsalem.net. They say it is Bush Park. I thought it was the center path that runs the length of park - but I think it was taken many years ago. Just look at the width of the tree trunks. They are much bigger now!