Monday, August 24, 2009

Temporary Return of Naked Fridays?

Is it a common occurrence for youngest siblings to want to shock and amuse their elders? I don't remember being that way so much when I was a youngster, but I've definitely fit into that role later in life.

Once N and I had achieved and begun to enjoy "empty nest" status (before Fran's chronic pain situation), I coined a term for our Fridays. A term that would leave no doubt that this evening was reserved for just the two of us--"Naked Friday" (don't google that, by the way. I'm just saying ...). After the initial shock, squirming in seats and disgust, I did have a lot of splaining to do, especially with my co-workers. I guess I believe in providing the occasional shock and amusement at work, too.

And so, with Fran in Ashland with Jonathon and Lise and J spending their first night in their apartment, there N and I were again . . . alone . . . together, and even though the calendar said it was Sunday, in my book it was a brief return of Naked Friday. :>)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ew

KandN said...

:>D

Rebekah said...

I love it! Let them be shocked if they will. Naked Fridays should be universal. LOL :)

KandN said...

I thought about going so far as to make t-shirts, but that's when I discovered it's a whole other kind of movement (that's where googling came into it). I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear the statement after that. I mean . . . we're NOT nudists! Definitely not! :>O

Kluver's Korner said...

Every empty nester needs that time-but in our house we have too many rooms with no curtains!

KandN said...

Well, clothing is certainly optional, but Naked Fridays is more about reserving the evening for the two of us without having to do much explaining. Once you say, "N and I celebrate Naked Fridays", people rarely ask anything else. :>)

Lise M said...

I second Jon's comment...Ew

KandN said...

{sigh} I feel sooo misunderstood! ;>