Today's (and yesterday's) challenge is getting one of Fran's medications filled one day early. Before increasing the present dosage, her doctor insisted on changing the time period between each dose instead. At the time, we were concerned about the possible hoop jumping this would require from us when it was time to replenish her supply.
Sure enough! Yesterday I called the pharmacy to see if the prescription was ready, they said 2 more days (one day longer than needed). Second call was to leave a message for the doctor. At the end of the day, the third call made was to the pharmacy again, to see if the prior approval was complete. No. Today, I've made one call to the doctor, two to the pharmacy and one to the insurance. The insurance person said it was possible. Now to wait and see if I need to make another call.
This hoop jumping is a little crazy, but at least I don't work in the summer.