Recently, I began to notice that wounds weren't healing as quickly as they used to. When you sleep with pups, their dreams can cause human scratches. Then *I* scratched an itch in my half sleep state. Rather a nasty gouge, it was. Aha! An opportunity to experiment with wound care!
The nasty gouge appeared approximately 2 weeks ago on my lower arm. I began to search for articles regarding wounds and by happenstance stumbled upon a health article written about using a pumice stone, all over, in the shower. I had no idea! Did you?
What I've learned so far:
- Read entire article before beginning
- Make sure you own one of the smoother stones
- I've noticed a difference already
What I've learned regarding my own wound care:
- There's is no substitute for a good regular cleansing of wounds
- I saw improvement in healing, when I washed the area thoroughly 3x a day
- The stone helps remove old tissue surrounding wound
If you want to give it a try, but are concerned about hurting your skin--start on your rear. You'll enjoy a smoother end, tomorrow.