Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wouldn't it be great . . .

I enjoy coming up with ideas for others. Doesn't cost me a dime for that bit of entertainment and sometimes I've even had the chance to watch an idea come to fruition. Great feeling it is!  ;>)

This afternoon, I was driving north on Cordon for a berry run, when I spotted a few runners taking advantage of the shoulder and long expanse without a stop sign. The wheels in my brain began to turn.

Wouldn't it be a great pledge/commitment for health insurance companies and private clinics to come together and build a nice wide paved pathway running along side of Cordon Road? Like the one out around Monmouth, separate from the roadway.

As a matter of fact, many Willamette Valley communities have at least one of those multi-use paths. I think it's Salem's turn. Maybe there's an area better suited or a place we can connect to. What do you think?

Here's a link to what the Corvallis area has to offer.

Kaiser Permanente
Providence
ODS
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon
Willamette Valley Health Partners
Salem Clinic

2 comments:

Can Opener Boy said...

I'd love to see that! For my runner's $0.02 it would be great to have several. If I'm doing a really long run, from my house in South Salem, I sometimes get as far as Cordon Road. But along Skyline to the South would be wonderful as well. As that bridge linking Minto with Riverfront (which already now links with Wallace Marine)...

There's a world of possibilities and I would gladly support more running/biking trails/paths in Salem in general!

KandN said...

I'm curious if Eugene, Monmouth & Corvallis used grant money for their projects or just decided it's something they wanted to invest in. It's a good time, Salem. Plus it adds to our livability.