Friday, December 23, 2011

Remembering Mama



You'll always be here, won't you?
A permanent fixture in my head.
Lessons learned
Flora and fauna names
kitchen tips
and relationships, too.

You'll always be here, won't you?
A permanent memory in my head.
Jumping rope in the kitchen
The grapefruit diet
Winding curlers into G'ma Curley's hair
and warm pudding, too.

Promise?

You'll always be here, won't you?
A permanent conversation in my head.
Behind the wheel
Cutting parchment
Vacuum in those corners
and triple word scores

You'll always be here, won't you?
Standing right behind me
Reading what I'm writing
I can hear the smile in your voice
Your warm soft laugh
and your embraces
your warm embraces.
~Your Loving K

3 comments:

Can Opener Boy said...

wow. stunningly beautiful.

KandN said...

It good and right to put it down.
Thanks, Keith

Shirley said...

I agree with the above comment! Beautifully, gracefully stated and so true!