Wednesday, December 11, 2013

An Accidental Dinner to Remember

"Hurry! Write this down before you forget!", I nagged myself.

How it began: I didn't want to forget to use the leftover rotisserie chicken from the night before. Since I was home alone (chef Fran was gone), I used google to find recipes using cooked chicken. The search was over quick, once I spotted the one below. That spinach needed to be finished off yesterday.

The name of the recipe that inspired dinner is:
"Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine"

BUT I only used

  • half the mushrooms, 
  • half the spinach, 
  • much less oregano, 
  • traded 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt for the cottage cheese and milk,
  •  used a cup of Gruyere and Parmesan (no cheddar), 
  • NO cream of chicken soup--instead we used about a cup of chicken broth and 
  • a couple splashes of dry vermouth. 


So, yeah.
Pretty much a totally different recipe, but it did provide inspiration. :)

No comments: