Sunday, August 30, 2015

Rumors

If my reaction to a Twitter comment today is any indication--rumors make me c-r-a-z-y. And from that lead-in, you might have already guessed that one of my main roles as a teen was being fodder for the rumor mill. In a small town with a small school, that makes you center stage entertainment. I had it on good authority that I was held up as an example of what not to do during many family dinner discussions.

There were the first rumors. They made me sad, angry, indignant, outraged. Then came the helplessness, depression and suicidal thoughts. And finally the "Oh what the hell! I'll give them something to talk about!" Does that make rumors like a self fulfilling prophecy? {laughs to self}

And yet, like so many life experiences, it's part of who I am--> someone who gets crazy over rumors.


No comments: