Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Like a Scented Candle

There I was, in the bathroom, getting ready for bed, when I spied the container of new hair product on the counter. And, since curious is my middle name, I wondered how it smelled--because you never know if a hair product's scent will be pleasing or nudge an old memory, or disappoint. Yes, color me curious. 

I unscrewed the wide lid from the wide mouth and tried to lift an edge of the paper seal. And in true K fashion, I decided to go ahead and remove the entire paper seal, only to get the pomade on both the counter and my hands. And, I ask you, would you want to waste that dollop? Not I. No sir-ee! "Let's give this cream a try right now, because tomorrow is hair washing day." 

Not the best decision--one I will try not to repeat in the future ... hopefully. (Are you listening, nighttime K?) The new product, smells like many a scented candle I've burnt over the years thanks to gifts from students. Kind of cinnamony and something else ... maybe apple? And, boy howdy, was it powerful! I tucked that scented candle head of mine into my sleep cap and hoped I could ignore the smell and slip off to sleep. 

It wasn't easy to ignore and keep myself from hopping out from under the covers to go shampoo my head, but I stayed and slept. N thought it smelled good, fine, "I like it", so there's that. And that's important, when you cohabitate, in my opinion. I might need to wash that sleep cap though ...

Love, K

No comments: