Monday, January 24, 2022

Covid Timey Wimey Troubles

    We've had a couple of strange moments, in the past week, and they all have to do with time. The first one occurred early in the week and involved our Squeezebox internet radio that we use to wake us up to OPB every morning. On this particular morning, the radio began, and I did my usual slow waking to those familiar voices. My first thought was, "Wow! I slept great!". Then ... I got up to use the bathroom and take an early morning medication. I spotted the bathroom clock. THREE AM??!! I returned to the bedroom, turned off that radio and inserted myself back between the sheets and willed myself back to sleep.

    Two nights later, I woke up (I usually wake 2-3 times during the night). On the way to the bathroom, I did my usual checking the time on the closest lit clock face. I read 5:30AM, took my meds and went back to bed. A few hours later, I woke again, peered at the same clock, which now (apparently) read 5AM. I resisted slapping myself for the earlier misreading, but wondered what the actual time was when I took my meds. 

    And finally, this past Sunday night, as N and I, finished watching the last of three different Masterpiece Theater offerings, a promo for a Monday evening program prompted us to, "tune in tonight at 8PM for the latest episode of Finding Your Roots". We turned to each other and burst into laughter. My first thought was--it's not just us! Umm, are you completely sure, K? I have some doubts.

Love, K

No comments: