Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Me and My Mum

 Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes, another lovely Mom memory floated up to the surface of my mushy gray matter the other night. Sigh. So lovely and so tactile. So filled with love.

There was a period of time, when Mom and Dad would skip the family Thanksgiving and only drive north for Christmas. They'd arrive a short time before the twenty-fifth, stopping to see us, before heading up to the hometown and my sibs. 

Mom and I, would head out to the malls with great purpose, to select gifts for the offspring. Meandering from one store and parkade to the next, hoping our stamina and limbs were up to the task. 

But ... my most favoritest part of all, was holding Mom's hand as we trod the carpeted pathways. And I was ALWAYS amused at the strange looks from passersby. What the what?! You've never seen someone hold their mother's hand while out shopping? I doubt it very much.

With Love, K

No comments: