Saturday, April 23, 2022

I Held Out Until I Couldn't

I'd managed to avoid a pandemic video doctor's appointment, until this week. We attended our usual check-ups and tried our best not to need anything more from the health folks --they had enough to do. But, since my home test confirmed what I felt (yes you, Omicron), I decided to ask what the clinic preferred. 

It doesn't matter how well I try to prepare, I still get all fretty and sweaty about new experiences. At first, I thought the kitchen would be the best place to do the call (yes, over thinking is my thing), but when N suggested the dining room table I realized it was the better location. It was either a chair or a stool in the kitchen and neither was a good height. 

The first call rang out. It was Doc's nurse, to help talk me through the set-up. Of course, I accidently hung up on her ... trying to navigate between websites on my phone while fretty and sweaty is not the best of situations. And then, once I had the official website up and waiting for Doc to join, I began to wonder if there was another button to push ... why was it taking so long ... did I screw something up? Yeah, that was me for a good 15 minutes. 

Then he answered. Whew! He asked, I answered, we shared, he suggested and then it was over. Whew! Now I'm curious as to how many calories I shed in that time period. Hmmm, not a sustainable weightloss program, K. Okay then ... nevermind. 

Love, K 

No comments: