Monday, April 20, 2020

Habits

As a child, I had my share of bad habits: chewed my fingernails, sucked my thumb, always picking at things (like removing all the chenille from my beloved Bambi bedspread), picky eater (does this even qualify, K?), and I'm sure there's more, but that's filed under 'being a lousy witness'. I'm sure adult K, has her own list of bad habits that she won't even identify or admit, but that's not why we're here today.

Thanks to my mother, I used to have some good housekeeping habits: sweep bare floors daily, dust and vacuum once a week, etc. There were bumps here and there, through the years, but the biggest change happened during F's life interruption. My cleaning schedule rarely worked with F's ability to maintain her mental health.

And now, with this virus in our lives, I've stopped carrying my keys and wallet in my pant's pockets. And yeah, I might be slightly concerned that this will stick overly long. Maybe the good will outweigh the bad in the end--because being comfortable with yourself is HUGE. Give yourself a high five up high, if that's you. AND speaking of high--happy 4-20 to you!

No comments: