Saturday, September 25, 2021

Preposterous

It's been awhile, but when I was a young person, I can recall hearing adults use the phrase, "you're lying to yourself...". 
"Preposterous!", I'd think, "Absolutely ridiculous! How can it be possible to lie to oneself?"

And now that I'm on the backside of young, that old reaction amuses me. We start lying to ourselves, from the time we open our eyes in the morning, and continue until we go back to sleep. Hopefully, dreams have only illusions, without the lies. Hopefully.

Huh, I wonder what actions we lie about most? 
  • What or how much we eat and drink? 
  • Whether we owe an apology?
  • Or minimizing our responsibility regarding a problem?
I imagine, one could continue to add to that list--refining, defining, getting into the weedy details. What would you add? I'd like to know.
Love, K

No comments: